Current Academic Appointment
- Assistant Professor
- Clinical and Administrative Sciences
- Assistant Dean of Experiential Education
- Sullivan University College of Pharmacy (since 2008)
- University of Kentucky/ Doctor of Pharmacy
- University of Cincinnati/ BS in pharmacy
- Immunization Certification (APhA)
- MTM certification (APhA)
- PPD Certification (Jefferson Co. Public Health Dept) (APhA)
- CAM/Self-Care (required)
Course coordinator (since 2010) and lecturer(since 2009)
- DME in the community pharmacy (elective)
Course coordinator and lecturer (since 2009)
- Incorporated prescription processing into a didactic lecture to prepare students for IPPE
- Utilized application principles to bridge didactic learning to real life application
- use patient counseling as the first step in self-care recommendation. Used as a capstone for progression to IPPE.
- use of oral remediation techniques to foster student growth in patient counseling/ recommendation.
- will move to competency based curriculum starting in 2013.
Research (focused / integrated with OTC-Self Care):
- Teaching recommendation and Patient Counseling Skills in a Self-Care Course to Allow Achievement of Competencies in Intermediate Pharmacy Practice Experiences, Stutz, M, Soja, W, Daugherty, K and Tran, H. Presented at the NMA Annual Meeting, Cincinnati, OH September 2011.
- A current assessment of clinical pharmacy services in Louisville, KY, a collaborating effort, Nash, J, Stutz, M. Presented at AACP in July 2010
- Community Pharmacy as a Profession, presented to SUCOP students 2008-9.
- OTC review-Summer Edition, CE provided at University of Kentucky Clinical Education Center, Louisville, KY 2007.
Professional Organization Involvement:
- American Pharmacists Association
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Kentucky Pharmacists Association (Delegate)
- Kentucky Society of Health Systems PharmacistsNational Community Pharmacists
- Jefferson County Academy of Pharmacists
- Nonprescription Medicines Academy
- Rho Chi
- Kappa Epsilon
Areas of Expertise
- Experiential Education, Precepting, Self-Care, MTM
- Academia/Community Pharmacy
- Residency Director, Community Practice
- Residency-SUCOP/Medical Pharmacy
Years Attending NMA